DEDICATION

This blog is dedicated to the restoration of the Austin Healey 3000...among the most desirable of all British sports cars.

Monday, May 21, 2012

TRANSMISSION IS IN PLACE


Have I told you lately how much I love this car?  Duh!  I am getting so excited.   We will be painting the chassis this weekend.  It will be RED...FINALLY!

Anyway, Don and I connected the transmission today.  In the past, aligning the transmission has been somewhat of a chore, but this almost fell together.  We were so impressed with our ability.  








After the bolts were started, Don tightened them to the proper torque setting in diametrically opposed sequence.  I finished the day installing the new slave cylinder and painting a few more small parts.












More to come tomorrow!
Tom McCurry

No comments:

Post a Comment