DEDICATION

This blog is dedicated to the restoration of the Austin Healey 3000...among the most desirable of all British sports cars.

Friday, December 23, 2011

FIRST DAY IN THE SHOP


This car was quite the attraction around my shop today. What year is it? Where did you get it?How much did you pay for it? Does it run? Is it original? Where are you going to find parts for it?...and on, and on, and on. In retrospect, I should have put them all to work.
My friend Don, who is going to help me with the restoration came by to inspect the car. I think he is as excited about this project as I am. We made plans to begin work on Monday. Most of the day was spent cleaning, organizing the shop and making room for all the parts we will be removing. I also took a great number of photos to document the condition and to help with the reassembly...always a good idea.It is absolutely amazing that all the parts are there. Well, enjoy the photos; by the end of next week you will not recognize this car.
TD

No comments:

Post a Comment