DEDICATION

This blog is dedicated to the restoration of the Austin Healey 3000...among the most desirable of all British sports cars.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

MORE ENGINE WORK

After I removed the generator, mounting bracket and the slave cylinder,  I separated the engine and transmission.  The only problem I found was a broken generator mounting bracket.  It is made of cast iron and will require replacement. 
The engine and transmission are greasy from the years of neglecting minor oil leaks.  You know what they say; "If it is made in the UK, it probably leaks."  We will fix that.  We will begin cleaning the transmission tomorrow.  The engine will be cleaned by the machine shop prior to the rebuilding process.
I spent the rest of the day sandblasting and priming the engine mounting brackets.  They will be painted tomorrow.

Have I told you lately that I love my work?

 ILCUAL8R,  (was once my vanity plate)
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment